Run for the Deaf Marathon @ NU Sentral Mall, Kuala Lumpur


Yahoo!! I was very happy when I slept over at my good friend's house. I had a great time with my good friend. In early morning, we wake up so early because we had a marathon. This was my second time to join the marathon however It was my first time to participant the deaf marathon. The deaf marathon never organised before as I know. So it was a great event where I joined. 

Normally, many organizer who was organised running events to raising funds for the poor and sick however this person named Patrick Bernard and few of his running mates who was organised the deaf running event in order to raise funds for deaf organisation because that person felt that there were not many events that reach out to help the deaf community in my country, Malaysia. 


So I should say thanks to that person and his few friends because they make a difference and meaningful event. It can encourage many people awake about deaf community and indirectly, they can help deaf people with sincere heart. Besides that, it had been celebrated for International Deaf Day as well. It was a great marathon when hearing and deaf runners took part in the marathon which was 5km and 10km respectively. In addition, registered runners received a dri-fit event T-shirt, race bib, finisher's medal, trophy, certificate and a goodie bag.

During the marathon, I unexpected to see many people who took part in this marathon and met most of deaf friends as well. It was a great feeling to see my friends again after long time no meet them for some period. By the way, it was not my main purpose to get any prize however I just did it because I wanted to stay good health and it could be a part of exercise. It might help me to feel fresh after running or walking. We might complete the marathon within one or two hours. Anyways, we had a great time by running with the crowd during the marathon. 

After that, my friends and I were running out of our energy but we took our time to spend time by chatting with our deaf friends at somewhere for a few hours. It was really enjoyable. Honestly, I was not active in marathon before but I wanted to say thanks to my good friends who was encouraging me to join this wonderful marathon. I was looking forward to see more deaf people join the marathon in order to have a good health and could help to raise funds for the charity and could make new friends through the marathon indirectly. 

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Comment!

Instagram

Instagram

Follow Us