Rendang House, Best Nasi Lemak Rendang @ SS 15, Subang Jaya

What a lovely weekend. SS 15 Subang area has a wide range of food selections, as far as I'm aware, even though I don't frequently visit that area. In fact, I enjoy going on food hunts. My group and I visited Rendang House, a modern Kopitam restaurant on SS 15, Subang. Would you like to have a guess on the menu at the restaurant?

This restaurant serves authentic Nasi Lemak and a variety of Nasi Lemak. To be honest, I must admit that I get incredibly excited when I eat it since it is one of my favorite foods, Without a doubt, it is one of the most popular foods of all time, whether for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner, or supper. Most of us will eat it. What is interesting is that most of the dishes cost less than RM18.90. Affordable price!

Rendang is typically served to honor guests at special occasions such as Wedding Feasts and Hari Raya celebrations. Rendang is my favorite, and seeing Rendang makes me very happy. I have the most precious memory of my first encounter with Rendang. It reminds me of how I used to get to taste it during Raya's celebration when I was a kid. Rendang Chicken was among the dishes prepared by my Malay neighbor. It's absolutely delicious. As a result, it is an unforgettable moment. When I see the name of this restaurant, I immediately think of Rendang Chicken. 

I am becoming increasingly curious about Rendang House's history. To be honest, I am moved when I learn a little bit about it. Their story is short but fantastic. During lockdown-MCO 2.0, the owner of Rendang House and her mother established a small stall. Her mother loved to cook and had a passion for food, and she put a lot of effort into it. Her mother interacted with people of different races while she was growing up, which had an impact on her cooking style and palate, which led her to try recipes from various cultures. Rendang House has meaning which is her mother's best dish ever as most of the ingredients are handmade, it has specialty dishes and prepared HALAL ingredients from scratch. As she took inspiration from her mother's recipe. As a result, she helps her mother in fulfilling her dream of serving excellent and delectable food to people who enjoy eating with happiness and enjoyment. That's why they have a diverse range of customers from different ethnic groups who enjoy dining at Rendang House.

When I walked into this restaurant, the atmosphere was quite bright-green and white background and spacious space. Even the interior design is modern for the Kopitam concept. So we feel comfortable dining in a calm environment. 

Rendang House serves authentic Nasi Lemak in a variety of flavors, including Rendang Chicken, Lemongrass Fried Chicken, Curry Chicken, and Ayam Masak Merah. In addition, they offer Vegetarian Nasi Lemak, Noodles, Snacks, Toast & Eggs, and Homemade Dessert, Add On, and Ala Carte. You can get a glimpse at the menu!

Naturally, we made the decision to select the best Nasi Lemak, Vegetarian Bihun Siam, and Snacks Included Ala Carte. I'm especially excited to try the Rendang Chicken. When Nasi Lemak Rendang Chicken (RM 13.90) was one of the most popular and signature dishes served, I was surprised to see that the portion was large and appealing. I quickly began drooling and tasting it. So delicious. Furthermore, Rendang House's other must-try and signature dish is Nasi Lemak Lemongrass Fried Chicken (RM 10.90). The chicken tender is crunchy and satisfying to bite into. Obviously, it must be eaten with sambal and rice. 

Rendang Chicken is the best and most delectable of all the dishes. Not only did I enjoy it, but so did my group. Rendang is typically thick and sticky, with a well-balanced blend of coconut milk and spices. Make it extremely aromatic and flavorful. 

In addition, the Vegetarian Bihun Siam (RM 8.90) is quite good, and the sambal has its own sauce that is more flavorful. Even though it is only vegetarian, the flavor is delicious. We enjoy it. The sambal for non-vegetarians and vegetarians has a different sauce that is quite tasty and spicy. Besides that, We chose three different types of snacks to try out for Snacks. 

The first is Crunch Cucur Udang (RM6/3pcs), which is crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside but quite thin and easy to bite. However, when dipped in the sauce, the sweet and spicy flavor is enhanced. Meanwhile, the Yam Prawn Popcorn (RM 7.90) is soft and crunchy. It is quite nice. Although both are Prawn Snacks, they have distinct flavors and textures. To be honest, I hadn't eaten it in a long time. I was delighted to eat it at that time. 

Aside from that, the Banana Puff (RM7.00/2pcs) pleasantly surprised me with its flavor. Better and more delicious than I expected. More crispy and soft, especially when eating while it is hot. Among the snacks, I believe that Banana Puff is the best, having tried three different types of snacks so far.

Additionally from that, we tried a special Ala Carte of Ayam Masak Merah (Spicy Tomato Chicken)- RM 8.50 served only on Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday, and Sambal Mixed Mushroom (RM5.90). Ayam Masak Merah has a rich tomato sauce with a good balance of sweet and mildly spicy flavours. This is my first time eating this type of chicken sauce. Even Sambal Mixed Mushroom surprised me with its own flavors, where the mushroom is a perfect combination with the sambal. It is very spicy, but I love it! So tasty! 

Absolutely, we won't miss the beverages. Just pick the best specialties, like Signature Kopi (White Coffee) RM4.50 Cold, Signature Teh Tarik Tea RM3.00 Hot, and Signature Cham (Kopi + Teh) RM4.50 Cold. No worries, you can ask for extra Ikan Bilis(Anchovies) or Peanuts, especially Sambal, if you want more. 

Overall, my group and I were extremely happy with the delectable Nasi Lemak and other dishes! We will definitely come back. We have a great time eating the food. If you enjoy authentic Nasi Lemak, this is a must-visit and try spot.

If you want to learn more about Rendang House's updates, visit their Facebook page at Click Here

Rendang House

24, SS15/4D,

47500 Subang Jaya, Selangor

Opening Hours: 8.00am to 9.00pm Daily. Closed on Tuesday

Tel: 016- 536 0140


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for Your Comment!

Instagram

Instagram

Follow Us